Friday, August 27, 2010

Interview with TB Joshua's wife (Part II)

Okay, how come you have kept to yourself for so long, because if this is not your first interview with the press, you’ve granted very negligible few? Or is it that you dislike the press?
Not really. You said very few, not that I have not granted any.

You mean you have not come across any?
I’ve not. I hope this will go very far so that someone else does not come to ask me, you’ve not granted any interview… (general laughter) Actually, like the Bible says, there is a time for everything, and God’s time is the best. Maybe, the time is just ripe for what we are doing now.

That is to say, there is a time to keep to yourself and…
And of course, a time to talk. (general laughter)

So, how do you combine your roles as a minister of God, as a mother, as a wife? And, as a mother too, to the teeming crowd that comes to The SCOAN…
Where God guides, He provides. And those whom God has called for any service, He makes them fit for it. So, there is not much problem about that at all.

People believe that there are a lot of myths surrounding your husband. I’ve been his friend since 1989. I’ve heard people say a lot about him. I’ve seen people publish a lot of things about him, and they are still publishing. When you read or hear things that are not palatable being said about your husband, which ultimately must affect the family – how do you react? Do you feel any bitterness?
Point of correction – it is not affecting my family, and can never affect my family in any way because I know my husband, I know who he believes, and I know who I believe. I don’t have any doubt in my mind and I know that the good work the Lord has started in him, He will accomplish and complete, in Jesus’ Name.

So, you don’t feel any bitterness when people write negative things about your husband?
Not at all. I don’t because I know him very well, and I know the God he serves.

How does his ministry complement yours?
I’ve said before that they are one. You can’t actually separate them. People come around. They want to see the prophet. They want to spend time with him. But he hasn’t got such time. You know, many of them want to bare their minds. You need to listen to them carefully. You need to be with them. So, I took up that. You’ve got it? They actually came for him but along the line, you find out that they want to spend more time with him. That’s where I come in.

How do you help your husband to overcome the gargantuan temptations that come his way every day, because this is a man exposed to thousands of people every day, especially women? How do you help him?
You see, you don’t have any alternatives in life. I can as well tell you that we don’t have alternatives in life. Anything that is contrary to what we stand for or what God sent us for, is what we are going to fight against. I can say that God has been merciful enough, guiding and protecting us in that angle.

The reason I asked that question is because I’ve seen many men of God fall because of women, money, fame and other extraneous things…
You should know what you believe. Did you get that? As I said, you cannot afford to fail. There is no other way. So, you must guard against that. And that’s what we’ve been doing.

Could you tell us, in practical terms, how you’ve been guarding against that?
The Bible says our heart is the communication point. If the fear of God is registered in your heart at any time, if you are doing evil, you must know. And so, you must guard that heart at all times. Anything that is contrary to the will of God, you shouldn’t take part in it.

Kenneth Hagin wrote in his book about how he fights the temptation of women. He said his office and his wife’s office are next to each other, and he said he deliberately made it so. And that at every given time, the two doors are open so that the wife sees the person he is counselling and he also sees the person the wife is counselling, just to make sure he fights and defeats the tendencies of the flesh.
Well, it is God that guides. It is God that protects. How long do you keep on watching over a man? I mean, as I’ve just told you, I can say that I know him (Prophet TB Joshua) very well, and I can tell what he is capable of doing. So, that’s no problem at all. All right?

I was expecting you to tell us what measures you’ve put in place to ensure that your husband doesn’t fall into the temptation of immorality while counselling woman…
I don’t take any other measure than to pray for him.

So, what counsel would you give to ministers’ wives as to how they can help the ministry of their husbands, as to how they can protect and preserve their homes while serving God and humanity?
The counsel is, be the woman that God has made you to be. Don’t measure yourself by yourself and don’t live by other people’s standards. Rest in the place God has for you. Be a good mother to your children and a good wife to your husband, and a woman of faith to humanity. Whatever situation you face in life, God is saying something through it and about it.

If your husband were to be in the secular world, he would be a superstar – because here is somebody who sits here, and presidents, top government officials and important people come from across the globe to see him. Do you have that feeling in you of having been married to a superstar?
All we do here is just absolute grace of God. Everything that happens here is by the grace of God, and the joy of the Lord is our strength. So, we don’t feel anything special because important people are coming. Rather, we appreciate the grace of God upon our lives, upon the church, and we give Him all the glory. So, there is no superstar feeling. If there is any superstar, that superstar is Jesus through whom we can do all things. So, I don’t feel any different from who God says I am. My husband doesn’t feel any different from who God says he is.

Prophet TB Joshua

Prophet TB Joshua

If this man were not Prophet TB Joshua, would you have married him?
As I told you, apart from being a prophet, I actually saw what I needed in a man. So, it is not a question of being a prophet. It is about his character, his inner being.

What kind of man did you pray to marry before you met him?
Every woman desires to have a good husband, although appearance is deceptive. But God looks at the heart. I wanted a God-fearing man, an honest man and a kind-hearted man. And those are the qualities that I saw in him.

Over the years, you’ve been to many places. What memories do you have of the places you’ve been to, whether in Nigeria or outside?
Good memories. I’ve been to many places, you are right. After this, I still have something good to talk about them, about the people and what they receive from the Lord. We don’t just to because we want to go. We actually visit places because God wants us to be there. And, when we leave there, there are good things to talk about.

What’s your greatest fear in life?
Fear?

Yes.
I don’t fear anything because I know God is there, and He can handle every situation.

What about embarrassing moments? Every human being does encounter embarrassing moments, things that will just happen and they embarrass you…
Embarrassing moments? Have I ever had any?

So, it has all been smooth?
There have been many challenges. I have said that.

What are these challenges? You’ve not told us.
Good and hard times (laughs)

You mean the wife of Prophet TB Joshua can have hard times too?
Because we are human

A man sought after by presidents, kinds and ministers, by everybody?
Sure, we are human.

Thank you very much.
I thank you, too.

No comments: