Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Equipping: The leader's responsibilities


 "And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ."  Ephesians 4:11-1
Equipping is a tough job, much harder than shepherding. The leader is to equip others for ministry. Paul explains the goal for the shepherd. If leaders wish to equip their people, they must give them certain gifts:
  • I must CARE for them (Communication, Affirmation, Recognition, and Example).
  • I must work on their weaknesses, but work out their strengths.
  • I must give them myself (time, energy, and focus).
  • I must give them ownership of the ministry.
  • I must become a resource person (atmosphere, training, support, tools).
  • I must make expectations clear.
  • I must eliminate unnecessary burdens.
  • I must catch them doing something good, then reward them for it.

No comments: