I wish you could all know this;
- Matthew is supposed to have suffered martyrdom by being put to death by a halberd, a slender ax for splitting helmets, in a city of ancient Ethiopia.
- Mark was dragged through the streets of Alexandria, Egypt, till he died.
Luke was hanged upon an olive tree in Greece.
John miraculously escaped death when put into a cauldron of boiling oil at Rome. He afterwards died a natural death at Ephesus.
- James the Great was beheaded at Jerusalem.
- James the Less was thrown from a pinnacle or wing of the temple, stoned, and finally beaten to death with a fuller's club.
- Philip was hanged up against a pillar at Hierapolis, a city of Phrygia.
- Bartholomew was put to death by the command of a barbarous king in Armenia.
- Andrew was bound to a cross, whence he preached to the people till he expired.
- Thomas was run through the body by a lance in the East Indies.
- Jude was cruelly put to death in Persia.
- Simon Zelotes was crucified by the Druids in Britain.
- Matthias was stoned and then beheaded.
"And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. "
It have heard some preachers saying that it is easier to die for Christ than to live for Christ. What do you think? Anyhow, are you ready even to die for Christ?